Emily’s practice focuses on industrial relations and general employment. She has advised and represented corporate, non-profit and government clients in a broad range of industries including transport, financial services, social and community services, government, and mining.
Emily’s career began as an associate in the Fair Work Commission. She then worked in the Employment, Industrial Relations and Safety team at Herbert Smith Freehills. She utilises her knowledge gained in these positions to pursue positive and commercially astute outcomes.
Emily’s recent experience has included:
- running litigation in the Fair Work Commission (both at first instance and on appeal), Federal Courts, Industrial Relations Commission and New South Wales Civil & Administrative Tribunal;
- advising on and facilitating enterprise bargaining;
- developing an industrial relations strategy for a large employer pursuing a new project in the energy sector;
- assisting clients with underpayment issues (including those being investigated by the Fair Work Ombudsman); and
- advising on industrial instrument compliance, performance improvement, disciplinary and termination processes.
Emily has a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Newcastle, Australia and a Master of Laws from the London School of Economics, United Kingdom.